Job postings are listed by city and include a range of Parents as Teachers positions potentially including Parent Educator, Administrative Assistant, and Supervisor. Click on the job title button below each description or the provided e-mail/website for more information and application options.
New Braunfels - Full Time Parent Educator
The Parenting Program at McKenna is seeking a full time educator to work in Comal County as part of a larger team. Job duties are listed below. A more detailed description can found at mckenna.org.
To provide case management, parenting education and child development services to at-risk families with children, birth to 5 years.
Bachelor's degree in social work, early childhood development, education, public health or related field and a minimum of 2 years professional experience, social work preferred. Language skills in English and Spanish, both verbal and written modalities, preferred.
Bilingual, fluency in Spanish a plus.
Previous Parents as Teacher certification a plus.
Responsible for delivering in home parenting education services to the target client population. The Educator will schedule, perform, and document client home visits and/or classes as required by program supervisors. All home visiting educators are required to complete Parents As Teachers Educator Certification Training and additional follow up trainings to maintain certification. Ability to multi-task, work independently, and interact in a warm, judgment-free manner with all people required.
To apply please visit mckenna.org
San Antonio - Parenting Programs Coordinator
Methodist Healthcare Ministries is seeking a full time Parenting Programs Coordinator. Qualified applicants can apply through the following website - http://www.mhm.org About > Careers > Search openings > keywords: Parenting
- Plans, teaches, organizes, coordinates, directs and evaluates various parenting programs and activities
- Establishes and maintains weekly parental support groups and/or classes using approved curriculum and ensuring program fidelity
- Conducts personal/home parenting education visits using approved curriculum and ensuring program fidelity
- Develops, promotes, and maintains community development, public relations and service activities
- Recruits, trains, supports and supervises volunteers and program participants
- Maintains records, budget and tracking reports to evaluate the performance and progress of the program
- Coordinates and plans family outings and/or Play and Learn events
- Maintains relationships between parenting programs and community health care facilities, social service providers, schools, stakeholders and other agencies
- Coordinates programs and meeting to include facilities, food, information, speakers and overseeing budget expenses for multiple groups/classes
- Performs other duties as assigned